Emsella: Treatment for Incontinence
Urinary incontinence or loss of bladder control is a common condition affecting hundreds of millions globally. Losing bladder control can lead to uncontrollable or involuntary bladder leaks, which can be uncomfortable and embarrassing.
Urinary incontinence has five major types, including:
- Urge incontinence:- Sudden urge to urinate that comes without warning or doesn’t give enough time to get to the bathroom.
- Stress incontinence:- It happens when there is significant pressure or stress on the bladder. Common causes include laughing, coughing, exercising, and sneezing.
- Mixed incontinence:- It’s a mixture of stress and urges for incontinence
- Overflow incontinence:- It happens when the bladder is unable to empty itself fully, causing leaks
- Functional incontinence:- It occurs due to mental or physical impairments.
Fortunately, regardless of your incontinence type, treatments exist that can reduce or correct your condition, and you can bid goodbye to embarrassing bladder accidents.
A weakened pelvic floor is a common cause of incontinence in millions of women globally. A strong pelvic floor is essential to control the bladder and bowels. About 19 million American women suffer urinary incontinence due to pelvic floor weakness.
It mostly happens due to pregnancy, natural aging, and hormonal imbalance during menopause. Visit our best spa in Northern Virginia to determine how you can benefit from Emsella treatment.
How Emsella Treatment Works
Besides being uncomfortable and ruining your clothing, urinary incontinence can significantly affect your mental health, leading to feelings of shame, self-doubt, embarrassment, and fear.
Fortunately, you can benefit from Emsella treatment. Emsella is a non-invasive treatment for incontinence from a weakened pelvic floor. Even better, it doesn’t involve surgery.
The Emsella treatment in our med spa Fairfax uses HIFEM (High-Intensity focused electromagnetic energy) to stimulate supramaximal contractions within the pelvic floor muscles to strengthen them.
The sessions take about 30 minutes, twice weekly, for about three weeks. Amazingly, each Emsella session is equivalent to 11,000 pelvic floor exercises, of course, without the hard work.
You complete the treatment on the Emsella chair. Since it’s non-surgical, you remain dressed throughout the procedure. The treatment is painless. Most patients only experience slight tangling effects and intense contractions. There’s no recovery time. You can carry on your routine without any problems.
The result is stronger pelvic floor muscles that restore your continence and confidence to go about your daily activities without fearing embarrassing bladder leakages. Some patients see results after six sessions, while others can see improvement in as few as three sessions. The results primarily vary based on the severity of your condition.
Are you a Good Candidate for Emsella Treatment?
You can benefit from Emsella treatment if you:
- Feel the urge to urinate often.
- Leak urine when you sneeze, laugh, cough, exercise, or engage in high-intense sports activities.
- Have refrained from intimate life due to fear of insecurity or leakages after intimacy.
- Carry extra weight on your body.
- Have given birth at least once or going through menopause.
- Have uncomfortable bladder control.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, visit a med spa near you for more information about how Emsella can help.
While very effective, certain factors can exclude you from the treatment, including:
- Metal or electronic implants
- Implanted neurostimulators
- Cardiac pacemakers
- Drug pumps
- Hemorrhagic conditions
- Heart disorders
- Malignant tumor
Benefits of Emsella Treatment
- Non-surgical and non-invasive treatment
- Restores bladder continence
- Comfortable and painless treatment
- No recovery time is needed
- Remain fully clothed during the treatment
- Quick treatment, most people see results in 6 sessions
- Rejuvenates women’s intimate health
- Improves your self-confidence and overall quality of life
- No pills or injections are required
- The treatment is highly effective
Emsella treatment is an excellent solution for women with bladder incontinence looking for a non-surgical solution to improve their bladder control, self-esteem, and quality of life. Contact Contours Laserspa for Emsella in Northern VA.