Fix Sun-Damaged Skin Therapy at Contours Laserspa
When over-exposed to UV rays without adequate protection, your skin will get damaged. Once exposed to the sun, the skin protects itself from sunburns caused by UV radiation by producing melanin. Repeated exposure to UV radiation from the sun causes uneven distribution of melanin on your visible body parts, often referred to as uneven pigmentation of the skin.
You can try reversing this skin damage by seeking sun spot treatment and utilizing the proper skincare. There are many effective techniquesto improve the appearance of sun-damaged skin. Our team of experts at Contours Laserspa in Fairfax, VA will help you create the best treatment plan to help you look your best!
Types of Treatments Used to Treat Sun Damage at Contours Laserspa
Picosure is a type of laser treatment that uses short pulses of high-intensity light to target and break down pigmented cells in the skin. This technology is often used to treat sun damage, including age spots, freckles, and other types of hyperpigmentation.
Picosure has been shown to be effective in treating sun damage due to its ability to selectively target pigmented cells without causing significant damage to surrounding tissue. Additionally, its high-intensity, ultra-short pulses allow for quick and precise treatment with minimal discomfort.
DiamondGlow is a skin treatment that combines mechanical exfoliation with serum infusion to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. It can be used to treat a variety of skin concerns, including fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, acne, and hyperpigmentation.
The combination of mechanical exfoliation and serum infusion helps to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin. It can leave the skin looking brighter, more radiant, and with a smoother texture. DiamondGlow is a non-invasive and non-surgical procedure that typically requires no downtime, making it a convenient option for individuals looking to improve the look of their skin.
VirtueRFMicroneedling combines radiofrequency energy and microneedling to provide deep dermal heating. The radiofrequency energy penetrates deep into the skin, stimulating the production of new collagen and elastin, while the microneedling helps to create micro-channels in the skin to allow for better penetration of the radiofrequency energy.
This combination of radiofrequency energy and microneedling can help to improve the overall texture and appearance of sun damaged skin. It can help to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles, while promoting overall skin rejuvenation.
Tempsure Envi is a radiofrequency (RF) skin treatment that can help improve the appearance of sun damaged skin. Sun damage can cause a variety of skin concerns, including hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles. Tempsure Envi can help to improve these concerns by promoting the production of new collagen and elastin in the skin.
Tempsure Envi uses RF energy to deliver controlled heating to the deep layers of the skin. This heating causes the collagen fibers in the skin to tighten, which can lead to the production of new collagen and elastin. The increased collagen and elastin production can help to improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin.
Avoiding Further Skin Damage
Before treating sun damaged skin, it’s important to take certain precautions to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the treatment. Here are some tips to consider:
- Consult with a licensed healthcare professional: Before undergoing any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to consult with a licensed healthcare professional who can assess your skin and determine the best course of treatment for your specific needs.
- Wear sun protection: One of the most important precautions you can take when treating sun damaged skin is to protect your skin from further sun damage. This means wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, wearing protective clothing, and seeking shade when possible.
- Avoid sun exposure: Avoiding sun exposure, especially during the peak hours of 10 AM to 4 PM, can help prevent further sun damage to your skin.
- Choose gentle skin care products: Choose gentle skin care products that are appropriate for your skin type and that are free from harsh ingredients that could further irritate your skin.
- Limit your exposure to other sources of UV light: Besides sunlight, there are other sources of UV light, such as tanning beds, that can cause sun damage to your skin. Limiting your exposure to these sources of UV light can help prevent further sun damage.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle: Eating a healthy diet, getting plenty of rest, and avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can all help to promote healthy skin and prevent sun damage.
By taking these precautions, you can help to minimize further sun damage to your skin and ensure the safety and effectiveness of your treatment.
If you’re looking to reverse the appearance of damage from the sun, or improve your skin by laser therapy, visit Contours Laserspa in Fairfax, VA. Their team will be able to design a treatment plan to help improve your complexion and reverse skin damage.